We currently have two positions available
Senior System Administrator
About Lark IT
Lark Information Technology, Inc. is based in Denver, Colorado. We are a small entrepreneurial company that provides IT consulting services for mid to large-sized businesses in the Denver metro area. We are passionate about technology, and deliver high quality solutions to meet the business needs of our clients that embrace the latest technologies. We value a healthy lifestyle and work-life balance. Lark perks include a full kitchen with organic food, daily yoga and exercise classes, movie nights, and a great community of down to earth tech geeks. Other company benefits include flexible hours, company outings, and a focus on holistic lifestyle while still doing excellent work for our clients and ourselves.
Who are we looking for?
This is a posting for a senior level position. Candidates must have a wide range of technical abilities, from hardware, to application support, to networking.
Ninja level skills are definitely a top priority, but communication is the most important part of being an effective team player and client-facing senior administrator. You will be required to plan and execute on projects, meet with C-level executives frequently, research and sandbox test new technologies for our clients, manage junior sysadmins during projects and assist when they need to escalate an issue, and solve challenging technical problems on a daily basis. Striving for absolute perfection, no matter the cost, and keeping a cool head no matter how dire the situation are both good indicators that you have what it takes to be a top-level sysadmin.
Are you a match?
The ideal candidate would have a broad technical skill set and top-notch client relationship skills. We are looking for someone who is wanting to get out from behind the desk, be on the go, engaging with our clients and solving diverse problems in multiple environments. We need someone that has consulting experience, and a passion for keeping current with the latest technology.
Culturally the ideal candidate would enjoy working as a team, have excellent communications skills, not be afraid to ask for help, and want to be a part of collaborative, unique, hard working team. Someone who is good at multitasking, and thrives with a bit of organized chaos would fit well in this position.
5+ years General Professional Experience
6+ years Windows & Networking Administration Experience
2+ years Consulting Experience, including the following technical skills:
- Data center level hardware – Servers, SAN/NAS administration and setup, firewalls, switching fabric, network hardware, phone/PBX/hosted Voip solutions, and all other aspects of high-level systems administration. If it has an IP address, we would hope that you would be able to administer it. Must be very comfortable working with data-center level of hardware (and ideally you would consider it fun!)
- Office level hardware – IP telephony, wireless deployments and proper tuning, network architecture and security (yes, you will need to be able to create, work within, and troubleshoot VLANs). Desktop level (Windows and OS X) tasks should be easy.
- VMWare Products (ESXi, vCenter data-centers, Horizon View, etc.)
- Windows Server (from 2003 to 2016, all variants), and Windows Desktop Operating systems
- General familiarity with *nix (Linux, Unix, whatever Arch linux counts as) server administration (both O/S and application/database level)
- “Cloud” technologies – AWS hosting and routing, some O/S level web server support, Google Apps, Office 365, SaaS and other “as-a-service” implementations
- Windows Domain proficiency is a key requirement. Proper architecture, maintenance and housekeeping, domain migrations, complete domain builds, SQL, Exchange (all versions), IIS, DHCP, DNS, File and Print server roles. Pretty much all the Windows roles and features.
- Networking – We generally see a huge variety of networking hardware, but our shop is almost pure pfSense. We are a PFSense reseller (I think one of the only in Denver), and it is definately our preferred platform. If you are comfortable with networking, it is a cakewalk compared to some of the more convoluted firewall platforms (looking at you Juniper…) Still, it is important that you are proficient with most major firewalls (GUI and CLI based). Switching, we generally use HP ProCurve but again, Cisco, Juniper, etc. are going to be very common in the wild. VPN support, switch configuration and support, NAT/Port Forwards, multi-WAN configurations, and High Availability deployments are all things you must be proficient in.
- General understanding of everything electrical. Bonus points if you are a true hacker and have a solid understanding of AC/DC electrical systems (usually a sign of a true geek).
What we offer
- Great time off policy
- Health benefits and 401k after 90 days
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Competitive pay and bonus opportunities
The application process includes a phone interview, aptitude test, a very in-depth technical interview, and background checks. If we’ve kept your interest, please complete this technical questionnaire and send your resume to Jobs@lark-it.com Preface your application with a short response as to “Why you love systems administration?”, as we truly are looking for someone that loves playing with computers for a living. We look forward to hearing from you!
Senior DevOps Engineer
A mix of systems maintenance and project based work across multiple environments, each with unique requirements. Systems maintenance would include updates, monitoring, troubleshooting problems and supporting developers or other employees. Project work includes designing and deploying new services into existing and new environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible Schedule
- Excellent Time Management
- Ability to pick up new skills and technologies quickly
- Work closely with customer and architects in designing enterprise class solutions based on the principles of redundancy, data integrity, security and recoverability
- Virtualization Technologies such as VMWare ESX(i), OVirt/RHEV, etc
- Experience with cloud environments (Rackspace, AWS, Digital Ocean, etc.)
- Experience deploying secure Internet facing servers and applications
- Passion for Open Source solutions
- CentOS 5-7 deployment, configuration and management
- Enterprise experience with Puppet and Foreman
- Strong TCP/IP, routing/subnetting skills
- Strong knowledge of DNS
- Strong knowledge of HTTPS/SSL
- Linux/Unix command line / BASH skills
- Apache / PHP / MySQL
- PCI/DSS Implementation / Auditing
- Firewall, router, switch (routing and switching)
- Windows Server/Desktop Management (limited)
- Nagios, Cacti, Rancid, MRTG, New Relic
- Spacewalk / IPA
- Katello / Vagrant
- Scripting/Coding in bash/perl/etc to automate common tasks
- DevOps methodologies
- Ruby on RAILS / Capistrano / Passenger / Nginx
Please send your resume to Jobs@lark-it.com We look forward to hearing from you!