Browse our Available Positions below!
If you don’t see what you’re looking for, but have a passion for either DEVOPS or Windows System administration, we’d still love to hear from you! Send your resume to Jobs@lark-it.com.
Senior System Administrator
This is a posting for a senior level position. Candidates must have a wide range of technical abilities ranging from hardware ordering & installation, networking, application support and virtualization of existing hardware into cloud platforms. You must be confident in your ability to solve a variety of end-user IT issues as well as provide recommendations for overall infrastructure improvements.
Excellent communication is the most important part of being an effective team player and client-facing senior administrator. You will be the IT department for a number of companies in the Denver area and you will also be the face of Lark IT to these clients. You must be able to effectively manage your time and juggle multiple clients at once. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to be part of an efficient and collaborative team.
Are you a match?
The ideal candidate would have a broad technical skill set and top-notch client relationship skills. We are looking for someone who is wanting to get out from behind the desk, be on the go, engaging with our clients and solving diverse problems in multiple environments. We need someone that has consulting experience, and a passion for keeping current with the latest technology.
Culturally the ideal candidate would enjoy working as a team, have excellent communications skills, not be afraid to ask for help, and want to be a part of collaborative, unique, hard working team. Someone who is good at multitasking, and thrives with a bit of organized chaos would fit well in this position.
- 5+ years Professional Experience
- 6+ years Windows & Networking Administration Experience
- 2+ years Consulting Experience
- Data center level hardware – Servers, SAN/NAS administration and setup, firewalls, switching fabric, network hardware, phone/PBX/hosted Voip solutions, and all other aspects of high-level systems administration. If it has an IP address, you should be able to administer it.
- Office level hardware – IP telephony, wireless deployments and proper tuning, network architecture and security (yes, you will need to be able to create, work within, and troubleshoot VLANs). Desktop level (Windows and OS X) tasks should be easy.
- VMWare Products (ESXi, vCenter data-centers, Horizon View, etc.)
- Windows Server (from 2003 to 2016, all variants), and Windows Desktop Operating systems
- General familiarity with *nix (Linux, Unix, whatever Arch linux counts as) server administration (both O/S and application/database level)
- “Cloud” technologies – AWS hosting and routing, some O/S level web server support, Google Apps, Office 365, SaaS and other “as-a-service” implementations
- Windows Domain proficiency is a key requirement. Proper architecture, maintenance and housekeeping, domain migrations, complete domain builds, SQL, Exchange (all versions), IIS, DHCP, DNS, File and Print server roles.
- Networking – It is important that you are proficient with most major firewalls (GUI and CLI based).
- Switching, we generally use HP ProCurve but again, Cisco, Juniper, etc. are going to be very common in the wild. VPN support, switch configuration and support, NAT/Port Forwards, multi-WAN configurations, and High Availability deployments are all things you must be proficient in.
- General understanding of everything electrical.
- Bonus points if you are a true hacker and have a solid understanding of AC/DC electrical systems.
To apply, please send your resume to Jobs@lark-it.com, with Sr. System Admin in the title. We look forward to hearing from you!
Senior Puppet Engineer
- Design, deploy and configure Puppet modules in a variety of client environments
- Maintain best practices and reference architectures of how Client applications should be deployed in various environments
- Design, deploy and configure all components of PS solutions and software projects
- Develop automation scripts
- Heavy emphasis on infrastructure as code
- Collaborate on cross-team, cross-functional solutions
Skills Needed to Excel:
- 5+ years experience with Linux system administration
- Proficiency with Puppet Enterprise – Certifications a plus
- Solid background in infrastructure as code
- Working experience of Ruby, Python, and Bash
- Experience managing Windows Active Directory and Linux clients
- Experience managing and configuring Linux, Windows, and AIX
- Have configured CI tools such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with monitoring tools / Nagios / Zabbix
- Solid understanding of security and systems best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Provide infrastructure support and solutioning to software development teams.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Application/Middleware: Work on installation, tuning and maintenance of middleware tools used to runinternal applications. Automate infrastructure and middleware configuration and deployment.
- Windows System Administration: Win2012/2008 Server Configuration, Hardening and Support, Active Directory/Certificate Authority
- Unix System Administration: Linux Server Configuration, Hardening and Support
- Configuration Management: Vagrant, Terraform, Puppet Enterprise, Ansible
- SCM experience: (Git, Gitlab, Github, Bitbucket, TFS).
- System Tuning/Security Hardening: Working with System Architects and security team totune internal and third party applications as well securing all sensitive data and systems.
To apply, please send your resume to Jobs@lark-it.com, with Sr. Puppet Engineer in the title. We look forward to hearing from you!
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for frontrunners in the field of DevOps. You may have a Software Development background, an Operations background, or you were raised in a DevOps culture from the start of your career. The field of DevOps covers a wide range of organizational design, process design, and information technology engineering. If you recognize yourself in the following, we want to hear from you!
- You live and breathe configuration management. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, we help our clients automate their workflows using all of these tools. If you are an expert in one, we will teach you to become an expert in the others.
- You want to containerize EVERYTHING! Docker, Kubernetes and Rancher are a few of your favorite things.
- You write code and will roll up your sleeves to pair program will software developers when needed. Python, Golang, Ruby and Shell Script are often used with client interactions.
- You are intimately familiar with leading open source frameworks and tools and can work with software development and operations teams to enable DevOps automation ranging from Git, Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Selenium, xUnit, and others
- Your commitment to meeting deadlines and exceeding client expectations is equal to your commitment to writing great code.
- Lead day-to-day pilot team implementations with clients and provide a diverse set of Agile and DevOps coaching services ranging from project management, requirements, design, development, testing, environment management, change and release, and support
- Configuration Management platforms: Puppet, Ansible, Chef
- Databases: MySQL, InfluxDB, Cassandra, PostGRES, Amazon RDS
- Engineering & Monitoring tools: Bootstrap, Jenkins, Github, Zabbix, OpsGenie, JIRA Software & Service Desk
- Runtime: Docker, Kubernetes, Angular, Prometheus, Elasticsearch
- Clouds: OpenStack, VMWare, AWS, Azure, Google
- 8 + years software development experience
- Experience designing and deploying production-grade software
- Experience with object design
- Experience writing distributed systems
- Experience developing in different compiled languages such as Go, Java, C++, and C
- Experience with web application development using HTML, CSS, and Angular
- Experience with data transport using XML and JSON
- Experience developing and debugging software on a network stack IP, TCP, HTTP, REST
- Experience using SQL and NoSQL databases
- Ability to navigate and administer Linux operating systems
- Understanding on how to scale server-side applications depending on load
- Demonstrated application of software engineering best practices
- Experience working on Agile teams, specifically using the Scrum method
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
- BSCS or comparable background
To apply, please send your resume to Jobs@lark-it.com, with Sr DEVOPS Engineer in the title. We look forward to hearing from you!
Junior System Administrator
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a Junior System Administrator to join our fast-paced and highly collaborative team. This position involves working with a variety of clients performing a blend of project work, systems/end-user support. The diverse nature of our clients offers the opportunity to keep your skills sharp and to learn new technologies.
If you are equally passionate about IT problem solving (Windows administration, networking, O365, GoogleApps) and client relationship building, we want to hear from you. The position requires excellent time management and prioritization skills as well as an ability to remain cool under pressure.
You will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and providing end user support. You will also be assisting with project work when needed. The majority of the work will be performed in the office with the occasional visit to client’s offices during normal 8am-5pm business hours. Once trained, you will be expected to join the on-call rotation schedule one week a month.
Are you a match?
The ideal candidate would have a broad technical skill set and top-notch client relationship skills. We are looking for someone who is proficient in engaging with our clients and solving diverse problems in multiple environments. We need someone who has the drive to step into the consulting world and a passion for keeping current with the latest technology.
Bonus if you already have consulting experience.
Culturally the ideal candidate would enjoy working as a team, have excellent communications skills, not be afraid to ask for help, and want to be a part of collaborative, unique, hard working team. Someone who is good at multitasking and thrives with a bit of organized chaos would fit well in this position.
- 3+ years general professional experience
- 2+ years Windows administration / networking administration / help desk experience
- Valid Colorado driver’s license / Auto insurance
- Bonus: MCP, MCSA, CCNA
- Technical Skills:
- Experience working closely with staff and engineers to execute technical procedures
- Experience deploying and administering Windows desktop environments (XP – 10)
- General networking concepts including DNS and DHCP
- General knowledge of Google Apps and Office 365
- Experience with Webroot or similar antivirus systems
- Experience with Zendesk, JIRA Service Desk or other similar help desk ticketing tools
- Ability to pick up new skills and technologies quickly
- Troubleshooting over the phone with remote tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Bonus: general knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, VMware, Veeam, pfSense
To apply, please send your resume to Jobs@lark-it.com, with Jr Sys Admin in the title. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Lark IT
Lark Information Technology, Inc. is based in Denver, Colorado. We are a small entrepreneurial company that provides IT consulting services for mid to large-sized businesses in the Denver metro area. We are passionate about technology, and deliver high quality solutions to meet the business needs of our clients that embrace the latest technologies. We value a healthy lifestyle and work-life balance. Lark perks include a full kitchen with organic food, daily yoga and exercise classes, movie nights, and a great community of down to earth tech geeks. Other company benefits include flexible hours, company outings, and a focus on holistic lifestyle while still doing excellent work for our clients and ourselves.
What we offer
- Unlimited PTO
- The opportunity to be part of a small and growing Denver company
- Casual office environment
- Health benefits and 401k after 90 days
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Competitive pay and bonus opportunities