Browse the positions below and if you don’t see what you’re looking for, but have a passion for DEVOPS or Windows System administration, or both, we’d love to hear from you! Send your resume to Jobs@lark-it.com.
Senior System Administrator (Windows)
This is a posting for a senior level position. Candidates must have a wide range of technical abilities ranging from hardware ordering & installation, networking, application support and virtualization of existing hardware into cloud platforms. You must be confident in your ability to solve a variety of end-user IT issues as well as provide recommendations for overall infrastructure improvements.
Excellent communication is the most important part of being an effective team player and client-facing senior administrator. You will be the IT department for a number of companies in the Denver area and you will also be the face of Lark IT to these clients. You must be able to effectively manage your time and juggle multiple clients at once. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to be part of an efficient and collaborative team.
Are you a match?
The ideal candidate would have a broad technical skill set and top-notch client relationship skills. We are looking for someone who is wanting to get out from behind the desk, be on the go, engaging with our clients and solving diverse problems in multiple environments. We need someone that has consulting experience, and a passion for keeping current with the latest technology.
Culturally the ideal candidate would enjoy working as a team, have excellent communications skills, not be afraid to ask for help, and want to be a part of collaborative, unique, hard working team. Someone who is good at multitasking, and thrives with a bit of organized chaos would fit well in this position.
- 5+ years Professional Experience
- 6+ years Windows & Networking Administration Experience
- 2+ years Consulting Experience
- Data center level hardware – Servers, SAN/NAS administration and setup, firewalls, switching fabric, network hardware, phone/PBX/hosted Voip solutions, and all other aspects of high-level systems administration. If it has an IP address, you should be able to administer it.
- Office level hardware – IP telephony, wireless deployments and proper tuning, network architecture and security (yes, you will need to be able to create, work within, and troubleshoot VLANs). Desktop level (Windows and OS X) tasks should be easy.
- VMWare Products (ESXi, vCenter data-centers, Horizon View, etc.)
- Windows Server (from 2003 to 2016, all variants), and Windows Desktop Operating systems
- General familiarity with *nix (Linux, Unix, whatever Arch linux counts as) server administration (both O/S and application/database level)
- “Cloud” technologies – AWS hosting and routing, some O/S level web server support, Google Apps, Office 365, SaaS and other “as-a-service” implementations
- Windows Domain proficiency is a key requirement. Proper architecture, maintenance and housekeeping, domain migrations, complete domain builds, SQL, Exchange (all versions), IIS, DHCP, DNS, File and Print server roles.
- Networking – It is important that you are proficient with most major firewalls (GUI and CLI based).
- Switching, we generally use HP ProCurve but again, Cisco, Juniper, etc. are going to be very common in the wild. VPN support, switch configuration and support, NAT/Port Forwards, multi-WAN configurations, and High Availability deployments are all things you must be proficient in.
- General understanding of everything electrical.
- Bonus points if you are a true hacker and have a solid understanding of AC/DC electrical systems.
To apply, please send your resume to Jobs@lark-it.com, with Sr. System Admin in the title. We look forward to hearing from you!
Senior Puppet Engineer
- Design, deploy and configure Puppet modules in a variety of client environments
- Maintain best practices and reference architectures of how Client applications should be deployed in various environments
- Design, deploy and configure all components of PS solutions and software projects
- Develop automation scripts
- Heavy emphasis on infrastructure as code
- Collaborate on cross-team, cross-functional solutions
Skills Needed to Excel:
- 5+ years experience with Linux system administration
- Proficiency with Puppet Enterprise – Certifications a plus
- Solid background in infrastructure as code
- Working experience of Ruby, Python, and Bash
- Experience managing Windows Active Directory and Linux clients
- Experience managing and configuring Linux, Windows, and AIX
- Have configured CI tools such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with monitoring tools / Nagios / Zabbix
- Solid understanding of security and systems best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Provide infrastructure support and solutioning to software development teams.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Application/Middleware: Work on installation, tuning and maintenance of middleware tools used to runinternal applications. Automate infrastructure and middleware configuration and deployment.
- Windows System Administration: Win2012/2008 Server Configuration, Hardening and Support, Active Directory/Certificate Authority
- Unix System Administration: Linux Server Configuration, Hardening and Support
- Configuration Management: Vagrant, Terraform, Puppet Enterprise, Ansible
- SCM experience: (Git, Gitlab, Github, Bitbucket, TFS).
- System Tuning/Security Hardening: Working with System Architects and security team totune internal and third party applications as well securing all sensitive data and systems.
To apply, please send your resume to Jobs@lark-it.com, with Sr. Puppet Engineer in the title. We look forward to hearing from you!
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for frontrunners in the field of DevOps. You may have a Software Development background, an Operations background, or you were raised in a DevOps culture from the start of your career. The field of DevOps covers a wide range of organizational design, process design, and information technology engineering. If you recognize yourself in the following, we want to hear from you!
- You live and breathe configuration management. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, we help our clients automate their workflows using all of these tools. If you are an expert in one, we will teach you to become an expert in the others.
- You want to containerize EVERYTHING! Docker, Kubernetes and Rancher are a few of your favorite things.
- You write code and will roll up your sleeves to pair program will software developers when needed. Python, Golang, Ruby and Shell Script are often used with client interactions.
- You are intimately familiar with leading open source frameworks and tools and can work with software development and operations teams to enable DevOps automation ranging from Git, Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Selenium, xUnit, and others
- Your commitment to meeting deadlines and exceeding client expectations is equal to your commitment to writing great code.
- Lead day-to-day pilot team implementations with clients and provide a diverse set of Agile and DevOps coaching services ranging from project management, requirements, design, development, testing, environment management, change and release, and support
- Configuration Management platforms: Puppet, Ansible, Chef
- Databases: MySQL, InfluxDB, Cassandra, PostGRES, Amazon RDS
- Engineering & Monitoring tools: Bootstrap, Jenkins, Github, Zabbix, OpsGenie, JIRA Software & Service Desk
- Runtime: Docker, Kubernetes, Angular, Prometheus, Elasticsearch
- Clouds: OpenStack, VMWare, AWS, Azure, Google
- 8 + years software development experience
- Experience designing and deploying production-grade software
- Experience with object design
- Experience writing distributed systems
- Experience developing in different compiled languages such as Go, Java, C++, and C
- Experience with web application development using HTML, CSS, and Angular
- Experience with data transport using XML and JSON
- Experience developing and debugging software on a network stack IP, TCP, HTTP, REST
- Experience using SQL and NoSQL databases
- Ability to navigate and administer Linux operating systems
- Understanding on how to scale server-side applications depending on load
- Demonstrated application of software engineering best practices
- Experience working on Agile teams, specifically using the Scrum method
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
- BSCS or comparable background
To apply, please send your resume to Jobs@lark-it.com, with Sr DEVOPS Engineer in the title. We look forward to hearing from you!
What we bring to the table
Rest up and rejuvinate. Lark is key on work / life balance. Execute on your work; and take the time off when and where you need to.
As a Lark Team Member you will find that while we hold ourselves to a high level of professionalism we do promote a casual office setting.
Collaboration and process improvement is key to the success here at Lark. We welcome suggestions and collaboration among our teams.
The opportunity to be part of a small and growing Denver company that believes in organic promotions, hires, and continuous education.
Lark offers Health, Dental and Vision Insurance on Day One of employment.
Lark offers competitive pay that will be equal to or more than the industry standard for similar jobs in the same geographical area.
Lark has a kitchen stocked with healthy snacks, beverages, and and an adult beverage fridge!
Continuing Education / Training
Lark IT has a flexible work from home policy, and we encourage our employees to work from home when appropriate. We understand that different team members work effectively within different environments.