eCommerce Office Supply
A global online office goods supply company was experiencing issues with its core infrastructure, requiring modernization and upgrading to meet new business needs and increase velocity of their deployment schedule and scale. Additionally, they were seeking to migrate workloads from an On-Premise datacenter to Microsoft Azure Virtural Private Cloud.
Our Senior DevOps Engineering team helped to transform the entire DevOps culture and practice with the client by implementing, deploying and upgrading the core infrastructure into a fully automated environment. We also trained peers and other teams on best practices for coding new automation to ensure maximum flexibility and longevity. This was all done while leveraging cloud native solutions that worked to meet the client’s infrastructure needs for stability and growth.
- Generated requirements for automation of new stacks.
- Partnered with the platform teams to automate operating system configuration on RHEL Linux, AIX, and Windows.
- Configured Vagrant and CentOS images for developers to test out puppet automation in isolation of development and production environments.
- Refactored Puppet modules to use data driven code for middleware configuration.
- Setup and configured r10k/git/stash to manage infrastructure as code and maintain auditability of all changes in the 10,000+ server environment.
- Automated Puppet Enterprise infrastructure install, and manage the upgrade to 2016.2.
- Succesfully deployed and migrated workloads to the cloud.
- Leveraged Packer for creating golden images for multiple platforms from a single source configuration.