A high-growth startup within the Fin-Tech space was looking to leverage infrastructure as code, configuration management, CI/CD, and migrate workloads from On-Premise datacenters to AWS Virtual Private Cloud. Additionally, our Client was looking to help socialize a true “DevOps” practice within the ogranization to increase efficiencies and reduce bottlenecks. At the time there was a disconnect between the application development team and the infrastructure team. Furthermore, Lark was asked to adhere to SOC 1 and SOC 2 policies and procedures while designing and developing the new infrastructure.
For this engagement the key to mutual success was to begin with Lark’s DevOps Infrastructure Assessment and Design Engagement. Our Design engagement included current state definition, inventory analysis, current technical stack, future state envisioning and current and future state reference architecture. This was key to gaining stakeholder consensus and creating an actionable roadmap to fast track this build. Once consensus was gained we outlined a very elegant yet minimalistic solution that consisted of:
- Lark was able to help Client increase deployments from 1-2 times a week to daily.
- Collective consensus on a future state roadmap.
- Leveraged Terraform to reduce provisioning time from days to hours.
- Refactored puppet modules to use data driven code for middleware configuration.
- Setup and configured GitHub and Jenkins for automated deployments and testing.
- Implemented Security Controls per policy and procedure from Client Information Security Team.