Staples was experiencing issues with its core infrastructure, requiring modernization and upgrading to meet new business needs and increase velocity of their deployment schedule.
Our Senior DevOps Engineering talent helped to transform the entire DevOps culture and practice at Staples by implementing, deploying and upgrading the core infrastructure into a fully automated environment. We also trained peers and other teams on best practices for coding new automation to ensure maximum flexibility and longevity.
- Generated requirements for automation of new stacks.
- Partnerws with the platform teams to automate operating system configuration on RHEL Linux, AIX, and Windows.
- Configured Vagrant and centos images for developers to test out puppet automation in isolation of development and production environments.
- Refactored puppet modules to use data driven code for middleware configuration
- Setup and configured r10k/git/stash to manage infrastructure as code and maintain auditability of all changes in the 10,000+ server environment.
- Automated Puppet Enterprise infrastructure install, and manage the upgrade to 2016.2.